Monday, December 10, 2012

Next RayJay trip? Maybe 2022. Or beyond.

Made it to the RayJay for my once-a-decade Bucs' game.
Saw them play the Lions in 1998.
The Eagles in 2006.
And the Eagles again Sunday.
So I'm good for another 10 years.
Maybe longer.
Had a swell time with friends, so don't get me wrong.
I'm not going to complain about the $91 tickets up in the nose bleed seats, either.
The Eagles even won.
Actually, I was hoping the Bucs would win because a victory would've meant more to them and their playoff chances.
It would've made my wife happy, too.
All it did for the Eagles, to hear my brethren Bird fans who descended like an invading horde on Tampa Bay, was mess with their first-round position in next April's NFL draft.
They had a point.
That team needs help.
Anyway, I'm afraid I'm just not big on the NFL stadium experience.
I don't give a rip what NFL czar Roger Goodell says.
Nothing beats watching the game from the comforts of your living room.
You don't have to shoot a whole Sunday driving to the game and then dealing with the inevitable traffic jam after it's over.
The game is simply better at home.
Not to mention a whole lot cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment