Monday, December 3, 2012

Decorating Christmas tree can be fulltime job

O
At last, our Christmas tree is finished.
Thank goodness!
Usually, we've been able to assemble and decorate it all in one day.
Or two.
This year it took two weekends.
Maybe I'm getting older, which I am.
Actually, I think my wife has more Christmas tree ornaments than last year and the year before that and the year before that, etc., etc., etc.
The wild thing about that?
There were plenty more left in the plastic tub!
My wife knows how to collect ornaments, too.
And they're from everywhere.
There are decorations from our family collections.
There are decorations from the Jersey Shore.
There are decorations from Biloxi, Miss.
There are decorations from St. Augustine.
There are decorations from Sheboygan, Wis.
There are decorations from Tybee Island, Ga.
There are decorations from Amelia Island.
There are decorations from Ohio's Circleville Pumpkin Show.
There are decorations from Breckenridge, Colo.
There are decorations from Ireland.
There are decorations from Charleston, S.C.
There are decorations from Alaska.
There are decorations from the Caribbean.
I'm sure I'm leaving some out, but that's cool.
It'll be a whole month before we have to take them down.
Yeeeeeaaaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment