Monday, December 31, 2012

Chic-fil-A Bowl on TV to be our New Year's bash

So what are you doing to celebrate New Year's Eve?
a.) Heading to a party?
b.) Going out to dinner?
c.) Staying home?
You can put Sherri and I down for that last choice.
We were invited last week to join friends at a gathering tonight, but I believe we're going to say thanks and just pass.
Think it's going to be dinner at the manse and watch Clemson-LSU at the Chic-fil-A Bowl.
We don't want to seem like party poopers, but this is one night we definitely prefer being safe.
Not sorry.
If one of the  neighbors was having a celebration we could walk to, great.
As for driving?
No way.
It's been a few years since I've done the New Year's Eve thing and driven somewhere.
The last time was to a bash at a home in River Club.
The party was going strong when I left just after 11 p.m. and it was raining.
I think I'd had one drink earlier in the evening and I was glad I'd played it smart for once.
By the time I got home I'd seen two overturned vehicles, one near Interstate 75, the other off State Road 64 East.
I've never forgotten that.
If there was ever a time where you have to be more concerned about the other guy behind the wheel, New Year's Eve is it.
Why take a chance?
Not tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment