Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cold weather really just mind over matter

Walked across the street for a cup of coffee the other day during this latest cold snap. 
Had long johns on underneath my dress slacks.
Wore a sweater and a leather jacket over that.
I was  freezing.
Then I saw a couple leaving the coffee shop.
Both wore T-shirts and shorts.
I laughed.
I must be a wimp.
Having spent virtually all of my adult life in Florida, my blood is as thin as any longtime resident of Bradenton or the Sunshine State.
That's just the way it is.
I've never quibbled about it.
Although I thought I was dressed warmly enough when I left the house early Wednesday for my thrice-weekly morning walk.
Wrong!
That wind just went right through my sweats.
Made me walk faster than usual and covered what's normally a 75-minute walk in 65 minutes.  
As long as the sun is shining, cold weather like we've been having of late is OK by me.
There's another way I like to look at it, too.
Come August when the temperature in the 90s with humidity to match, I'll think back on this chilly weather.
It's really no big deal at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment