Saturday, March 2, 2013

Steube's bill unrealistic in school safety objective

 
Seeing a Manatee County Sheriff’s Office cruiser outside a school has an effect.
If I’m visiting, I’m on my best behavior.
If I’m a parent, it’s reassuring.
If I work at that school, same thing.
It usually means there’s a resource officer on duty, a professional law enforcement person trained to serve and protect.
I would feel nowhere near as confident knowing there is a school employee designated to do that important job.
It doesn’t matter who that person is, whether they’re packing or have ready access to a weapon.
Not the assistant principal.
Not the fifth-grade teacher.
Not the phys ed instructor.
State Rep. Greg Steube, R-Bradenton, believes otherwise.

Read more Sunday in Mannix About Manatee on Bradenton.com.




















No comments:

Post a Comment