Friday, June 1, 2012

Keep an eye on horizon and website, too

First thing I look for on the computer every morning is sports stuff.
ESPN.com, SI.com, and so forth.
I didn’t do it today.
Since it was the first day of hurricane season, I punched up: nhc.noaa.gov, instead.
It’s the National Hurricane Center website.
I figured I’d better get back in the habit and make sure nothing was brewing out there.
Bet Jacksonville area folks didn’t expect a surprise visit by Tropical Storm Beryl over Memorial Day weekend, right?
Anyway, the NHC website message was reassuring.
"No tropical cyclones at this time," it read in white letters spread over a dark blue map of the Atlantic Basin.
Cool.
If only it stays that way through Dec. 1.
Fat chance.

Read more Sunday in Mannix About Manatee on Bradenton.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment