Monday, August 1, 2011

Waiting, watching hurricane websites

The waiting and watching has begun.

The hurricane watch, that is.

A tropical system begins stirring out yonder in the Atlantic Ocean and yours truly dials up the National Hurricane Center website and every other website I can find.

Every five minutes.

It started in earnest last Saturday and hasn't let up.

I can't help it.

What gets me is every time I've gone to the NHC website, the system is still a red circle without the proverbial "Cone of Death."

That includes Monday with the red circle creeping closer into the eastern Caribbean.

Having honeymooned down there 16 months ago, I think about those beautiful islands and their people whenever the words "Leeward Islands," are used in the tropical weather conversation.

Finally saw some "spaghetti models" that look like an octopus tentacles reaching out for the Florida peninsula.

The waiting and watching continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment