Monday, August 15, 2011

Caribbean cruise? When do we leave?

Going on a Caribbean cruise isn't something we usually talk about now, not with us getting into the height of hurricane season, y'know?

But the notion of going on a cruise is something that definitely gets the juices going, even if we must wait until after Dec. 1.

Which was the topic of dinner conversation Saturday night for my wife and me and another couple.

They'd already been on several and swear by them as being the perfect vacation.

"Eat and sleep. Eat and sleep. Eat and sleep," is how my pal put it.

I had never been on a cruise until our honeymoon 16 months ago.

I didn't know what I'd been missing all those years.

I loved it.

We only did two islands to speak of --- St. Thomas and St. Maarten --- but it was enough to whet my appetite for next time.

Sherri and I talked Sunday about planning another one soon.

Well, my in-laws beat us to it.

We just found out they're going on an 11-day cruise during which they will visit, among other idyllic locales --- St. Barts, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Maarten and Barbados --- just before Christmas.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

Can you say, envious?












No comments:

Post a Comment