Saturday, August 20, 2011

Three most feared words: Back to School!

So, I asked the child the other evening at McKechnie Field, are you looking forward to going back to school?

She nodded happily and gave me a smile that could’ve lit up the ol’ ballpark on Ninth Street West.

Sitting behind her, mama double-pumped a fist enthusiastically.

Hmmmmm.

With roughly 40,000 Manatee County public school students returning to classes Monday, I imagine there are umpteen thousand parents who share that exhiliration.

At least that many mothers anyway.

After being stuck with the kids for the last couple of months, they’ll be getting them out of their hair for several hours a day, five days a week until next May.

Yesss!!!

That's probably how my sainted mother felt about getting me out of the house and off to school at last every September.


Read more Sunday in Mannix About Manatee on Bradenton.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment