Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sometimes being a helpful husband backfires

Sometimes trying to be a helpful husband backfires on you.

To wit:

During the recent cold snaps, I've gone out in the morning, started my wife's SUV, loaded up her computer bag and day planner, then scraped off the frost from the windshield and windows.

I've been doing it even on nice mornings.

Good guy, right?

Heh heh heh.

Well, one night after I got home from work, Sherri gave me a hug and said how much she appreciates me getting her SUV ready for her to get to work on time.

But, she added, I'd grabbed the wrong set of car keys that particular morning.

One set also has Sherri's office keys; one doesn't.

Guess which set I grabbed?

Turns out she didn't realize my mistake until she got to work, couldn't get into her office, then had to drive back to our house to get the right keys.

Whoops!

You can bet I've made sure I've got the right keys since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment