Friday, February 25, 2011

Spring fever in full bloom in February



Got spring fever bad, even if it’s still February.

It’s baseball season.

Thank God!

I am so ready.

The ongoing NFL labor negotiations? Zzzzzzzzzz.

A looming NBA lockout? Couldn’t care less.

NHL? Not my thing.

Let’s play ball!

I’ve been in the baseball mode for awhile.

Long before the Super Bowl.

Moments after the Philadelphia Eagles, my team, lost to the eventual NFL champion Green Bay Packers in the wildcard round on Jan. 9, all my football shirts went into storage and out came my baseball stuff.

Phillies T-shirts. Marauders T-shirts. All of it.

That includes the baseball glove I like to keep in my pickup truck to bring to games at McKechnie Field.

Still waiting to catch my first foul ball, though.


Read more in Sunday's Mannix About Manatee.

No comments:

Post a Comment