Thursday, October 29, 2009

Perils of Halloween candy leftovers

What kind of candy does one buy for Halloween trick or treaters?

Or do you even bother?

Decisions. Decisions.

It's an annual dilemma for some, especially those of us who fear having our houses egged or rolled with toilet paper if we don't come up with the goodies.

A nice neighborhood can get tough just like that.

But it's a pip when you do go all out and nobody shows up.

I remember one year I bought a couple of big bags of Hershey's chocolate kisses.

Figured I'd have a few myself to enjoy, too.

Well, that night I heard trick or treaters cavorting in other parts of the neighborhood, but not mine.

Even went out in the street to wave them down.

A few kids came by and loaded up, but I still had plenty of candy left over when the trick or treating was done.

Don't ask how long it took to finish eating all that chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment