Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Days of waiting for the repairman

Awoke Monday morning to what sounded like somebody using an out-of-whack weed whacker.

Geez, at 7:15 a.m.?

Then I realized the noise wasn't coming from a neighbor, but from inside my own kitchen.

The freezer to be exact.

It sounded like fan blades drumming against metal and was about to drive me out of my mind.

Warranty in hand, I called the manufacturer, then punched in all the prompts and numbers before finally getting a live person.

Who asked me how loud was this noise?

Lady, I said, it's so loud I am standing outside my home so I can carry on this conversation.

Then she said, sorry, but the earliest our repairman can get by is Tuesday.

Tuesday?!

So I stayed with my fiancee Monday night and when I returned Tuesday morning, the noise was still there.

Alas, about 9: 15 a.m., I got one of those robotic phone calls informing me I was next on the list for a visit by the repairman.

Not two minutes later the noise stopped.

Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment