Thursday, October 1, 2009

Campaign fliers can't feed hunger

When I got home Wednesday evening, I found two Bradenton city council campaign fliers in my mail box.

As I put my key in the front door, there was a door hanger for pizza delivery.

Maybe it's just me, but I found it an amusing coincidence.

I eventually sat down and glanced at the fliers.

The first extolled the incumbent's accomplishments on dealing with crime, taxes and rejuvenating Bradenton.

The second extolled the other incumbent's volunteerism and commitment to his neighborhood and the community's infrastructure.

Neither swayed me, or told me anything I hadn't heard before.

So I tossed them aside and picked up the door hanger.

Now that connected with me.

I was hungry, there was a ballgame coming on, and pizza sounded real nice.

Hello, Papa John's?

1 comment: