Monday, August 31, 2009

Cold? Wind? Rain? Hey, it's Ireland!

I will never complain about how hot and humid it gets during our summers.

I usually joke that this is our penance for not having to deal with winters up north.

Now I have another reason to say Florida summers are fine by me.

Summers in Ireland.

Or at least this one, on my seventh visit to the land of my ancestors.

Cold, windy and damp doesn't begin to describe what was actually an otherwise enjoyable trip.

Take our last day there.

You should've seen my fiancee, Sherri Manring, and I at the starkly beautiful Cliffs of Moher early last Thursday afternoon, trying to stay on our feet in the gale that blew off the Atlanic Ocean.

The temperature was in the 50s with wind gusts that felt the same.

It was blowing so hard, water that usually streams down the crevaces in the cliff face was spraying up into the air and raining on tourists like us.

What an appropriately Irish summer sendoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment