Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Turn on those Friday night lights

"Where you going Friday night?"

I love hearing that question from my pals at this time of year.

It means one thing.

High school football is back and everybody who enjoys the season like we do around these parts is going to be at a home game somewhere this week.

To wit:

Bishop McLaughlin at Bradenton Christian.

Orlando First Academy at Out-of-Door Academy.

Bayshore at Manatee.

Palmetto at Southeast.

Lakewood Ranch at Braden River.

LaBelle at Cardinal Mooney.

Saint Stephen's and Bradenton Prep are on the road.

I look forward to the games week in, week out and try to see each of our teams at least once.

If travel plans come up that will take me out of town, I check the schedule first.

My priorities are not out of whack.

It's high school football season -- and it all starts on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment