Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hurricane site must viewing in the fall

After I arrive at work, my routine is usually the same.

Check phone messages and e-mails and confer with my editor.

Then I go over my favorite sports Websites: ESPN. SI.Com. CBSSports.com. Fox.

There a few others I've got on the list, but it's usually the same drill every morning.

Except this time of year.

These days the first Website I spool up shortly after I sit down is that of the National Hurricane Center.

And I call it up every few hours for updates.

After the beating we took in 2004, the NHC site has become must viewing.

So, like others, I've kept an eye on Tropical Depression 2, as well as the system right behind it that just came off the coast of West Africa.

Better than a 50 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone in the next 48 hours, the NHC said about the latter.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment