Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday night drive home an eventful one

Driving home from work most nights is an uneventful 20-minute ride.
Monday evening was an exception.
Heading south on First Street I saw a couple of Bradenton's finest parked in the turn lane opposite RaceTrac.
Their cruiser lights were flashing.
Traffic stop? Fender bender?
Oh, man. Don't let it be another bicyclist like the man who was struck trying to cross First Street and died.
It wasn't.
It was a dog.
The pooch was on its side, bleeding, and a motorist was trying to comfort it as best she could while the police looked on.
A sad sight.
Hope they were able to save the dog.
Continuing onto US 301, I drove over the ramp and headed for the light at Ninth Street East.
Off to the right I could see a man on a bicycle pedaling full tilt boogie north toward the intersection with US 301.
The light was still green for me.
Is this guy going to stop or what? I said.
It sure didn't look like it.
I don't drive fast anyway, but slowed down.
The bicyclist swerved behind me and continued pedaling north across US 301.
Thankfully, the rest of my drive home was uneventful.
Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment