Saturday, October 8, 2011

Billing bank for cutting their grass

Occupy Bradenton?

I’ve got one for the folks who will gather this morning at 43rd Street West and Manatee Avenue to protest, among other things, banks giving us the business.

Tell me if it sounds familiar.

The house next door to ours was foreclosed on several weeks ago and the people who occupied it had to go.

Which left the grass untended.

So it grew and grew.

I’ll be darned if I’m going to cut it, I told myself.

Helping out a neighbor is one thing.

Helping out a bank that’s an absentee owner?

That’s another.

Besides, I’ve already got my hands full every Saturday morning keeping our own lawn maintained.

Let the bank hire somebody to cut their property’s grass.


Read more in Sunday's Mannix About Manatee on Bradenton.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment