Tuesday, October 4, 2011

$3-per-gallon gas? Make it $2.50

Three dollars a gallon gas by Christmas?

That's what the economic experts say.

Pardon me if I don't fall on my knees, throw up my hands and say thank you, Santa.

That the lousy economy continues to take down gas prices with it is not news.

They're not going down fast enough for me. Or you.

If the analysts really want to get my attention, then let's talk about gas under $3 a gallon.

Like $2.50.

Gas prices have hovered around the $3-and-change mark for so long, it almost seems like Big Oil has been giving us a break.

It's not.

Getting gouged at the gas pump over the last several is one reason our economy has been in the dumper.

So I'm not impressed at $3 a gallon gas by Christmas.

I'm not going to complain about it, understand.

I like to save a few bucks at the pump as much as the next guy.

But the gas prices will have to come down more than that to put me in the holiday spirit.

A hell of a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment