Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Take me out to the, uh, ballgame?

Ever done something like this before?

When I read in last Sunday's Herald sport section the Bradenton Marauders were "returning" from the FSL All-Star break and resuming play Monday, I immediately thought, cool!

After a long road swing, they're back at McKechnie Field.

So Monday morning I grabbed two tickets, packed my Marauders' ballcap, T-shirt  and a pair of shorts to change to go to the ballpark after work.

Told my wife I'd grab a hot dog at the park, so don't worry about fixing me dinner.

Even said to the boss as I went by her office that evening, "I'm off to the ballyard."

But as I drove down Ninth Street West, I noticed no lights were on at the Mack.

And as I pulled into the parking lot behind the Boys & Girls Club, I saw there were no cars, nor the friendly parking attendant.

Uh, oh.

So I pulled out the tickets:

Bradenton Marauders vs. Jupiter Hammerheads --- Thursday, June 17.

Dummy.

I drove home and ate cold leftover chicken wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment