Sunday, April 25, 2010

Anybody out there want any beads?

Anybody want beads?

We've got a bunch at the house after Saturday night's 71st annual DeSoto Grand Parade.

Didn't have to do much to get them, either.

After going to this Bradenton bash for 13 years, I found out something new.

You can catch beads with your face.

Well, almost.

During the daylight portion of the parade, my wife and I were standing with friends in the crowd in front of Smitty's.

When the beads came flying, naturally, we all reached up or jumped for them without trying to kill anybody.

Namely ourselves.

Yet when it got dark, we could see folks tossing the beads from the floats, but we couldn't see the beads after they'd left the thrower's hand.

So we just stood there and --- whap!

You'd get hit in the head, your nose, you name it.

Then you'd feel around your feet for the beads.

I was able to pick up a lot that way, then give them to my wife and friends.

Moments later, they'd drape them around us.

So like I said, we took home a lot of beads, more than we know what to do with.

Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment