Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Admiring neighbor's reading material

Found out rather abruptly that postage is now 44 cents.

Went to hand my FPL bill to the mailman last Saturday and he gave it back to me with nary a glance at my 42-cent stamp.

"You're two cents short," he said, giving me four glossy women's shopping catalogues I had never seen or received before.

Didn't give them a second thought, however, absorbed as I was looking for a two-cent stamp.

It was only when I scooped up the catalogs later did I realize they were addressed to a homeowner with the same house number one street over.

That homeowner has gotten my magazines, too, in the past. She once joked she was expecting something more racy than National Geographic, Smithsonian and Sports Illustrated.

Anyway, I was perplexed the mailman could spot the wrong stamp, but not the wrong address.

But it figures.

I continue getting mail addressed to people who lived in my house before me.

You’d think the mailman would have it down by now.

I’ve only lived there seven years.

No comments:

Post a Comment