Monday, February 6, 2012

Football's gone. Bring on baseball

Neighbors probably wondered late Sunday night what was I doing?

If they were still up.

The Super Bowl had been over maybe 15 minutes.

I went outside, sat in my driveway in front of my pickup truck and pulled out a screwdriver.

Off came my Philadelphia Eagles vanity plate.

On went my Phillies vanity plate.

Most of my other NFL stuff -- i.e., T-shirts, jerseys, ballcaps -- were shelved away over the last few weeks since the end of the regular season.

Only the vanity plate stayed.

Until Sunday night.

It's baseball season for me.

Yes, pitchers and catchers don't report officially until Feb. 15, but I'm ready.

Grabbed a Pirates spring training schedule at the recent national anthem auditions.

Cut out the Grapefruit League schedule from the Herald's Sunday sports section.

Got my baseball T-shirt collection all set.

Going to take off a week in March to catch some games.

Yeaaah, I'm ready for baseball.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for some other excellent article. Where else may just anybody get that type of info in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I'm at the look for such info.
    Marabou Strung Blood Quills

    ReplyDelete