Monday, July 6, 2009

How come everybody's on vacation?

Maybe it's just me.

But have you noticed when you call folks this time of year, they're on vacation.

Yeah, I know.

Duh!

All at the same time, though?

Called a couple Monday about some photo information and during the conversation I picked up some background noise and asked, are you guys are on the road?

"We're in Savannah," was the woman's reply.

Tried to call another guy with a question, but his cellphone just kept ringing.

Then I remembered, he's still in upstate New York.

Phoned someone about getting my regular haircut and was told, oh, she's not back yet from North Carolina.

Anyway, they were all vacationing someplace cool.

I can only imagine what it'll sound like if someone asks where I am next week.

"Mannix? Ah, he's in New Jersey. "

No comments:

Post a Comment