Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving looking good already

Thanksgiving is still a couple of days away and already it's looking good.

Thanks to my mother-in-law.

Sherri and I hosted the family for the traditional feast last year and we're doing the honors again.

Maybe it's because we have a pool.

Anyway, my mother-in-law is taking care of the turkey while we're handling the sides and dessert.

But Sue Manring dropped off a little something ahead of time.

A case of Coors Light.

It was on the kitchen floor when Sherri and I got home Monday evening.

We looked at each other.

"Mom," my wife said.

Usually, when the family comes over for an afternoon at the pool and a barbecue, we spring for the beverages, too.

This time my mother-in-law beat us to it.

Don't misunderstand though.

Sue usually has a couple of beers and that's it.

Regardless, when Sherri called her mom to say thanks for the nice surprise, Sue gave explicit instructions for yours truly about getting those Silver Bullets cold ASAP.

"Make sure the mountains are blue," she said.

Gotta love my mother-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment