Monday, September 14, 2009

Football weekends make week fly by

Football season sure takes up your time.

Not that I'm complaining, understand.

Take last weekend.

Friday night, it was off to Harllee Stadium for Manatee at Palmetto, a great game atmosphere even if the explosive Hurricanes won going away.

Saturday, it was glimpsing at Texas at Wyoming and Notre Dame at Michigan on the office TV while working on Sunday's column.Then on Saturday night, it was watching USC at Ohio State at my fiancee's house with my future in-laws, big Buckeye fans all.

Disappointed ones, too, after it was over.

Then at noon Sunday, it was off to Bogie's on U.S. 70 to catch the Philadelphia Eagles at Carolina Panthers. It's always a trip watching games in a packed sports bar.

By Sunday night's NBC game, however, I'd reached at my saturation point.

I'm worn out and asleep by 10 p.m., because that Monday morning alarm sounds early.

But what helps get me through the day is realizing Georgia Tech plays Miami Thursday night on ESPN.

Then it's Southeast at Manatee Friday night and another football weekend is under way.

Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment