Monday, July 26, 2010

VIP treatment for Shania Twain tune

Shania Twain's "You're Still the One" began playing on the radio.

Allison Norwood, riding shotgun in the mini-bus, sang the words softly.

Over in the driver's seat, Temeka Leverett turned up the volume.

"Go ahead, sing it loud," she told Allison. "Go on."

And the young lady did.

You're still the one I run to

The one that I belong to

You're still the one I want for life

Like a number of students at Easter Seals Southwest Florida VIP program, Allison Norwood is retarded.

Regardless, she was in a happy place Monday as Leverett drove the mini-bus toward Meals On Wheels Plus.

"I don't know all the songs she likes," Leverett said. "But when I hear her, I turn it up."

The VIP team, led by executive director Don Herndon, would pick up food for 11 stops Monday.

Until then, Allison kept singing softly along with Shania Twain.

You're still the one that I love

The only one I dream of

You're still the one I kiss good night

No comments:

Post a Comment